Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

End Stage Renal Failure

This post has been a post I've been dreading to write. I knew I had to write it sooner or later, but I've been sitting on it because it didn't seem real... Until now. On August 13th (the day after my birthday) I got the worst news I've ever received. And maybe I'm being a little dramatic it seems but being told you have End Stage Renal Failure due to your diabetes and that you need a kidney transplant isn't something you ever want to hear. I know my diabetes hasn't always been in the greatest control, but I've always tried. Why me? That's all I keep asking. This isn't fair and life isn't fair. I know other diabetics who are worse off then me and they aren't going thru everything I'm going thru. But I have to suck it up and get thru this, not only for my kids but for myself. 
So let's fast forward a couple months til now. I have seen so many doctors, and even the transplant team. My brother, sister, and cousin are all going to be tested. But in the meantime I have to get a PD cath placed in my stomache next Monday (Nov 2nd). All I keep thinking is this is way too much, way too soon. I'm not ready for all of this, but I have to be.
So here starts my journey with PD. I will try and update my blog as much as possible.
Crossing my fingers all goes well and that someone is a match.
If any of you have any advice or anything please let me know. 
Thanks!!!

Xoxo Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment