Search This Blog

Monday, March 3, 2014

Fire Safety

I have been going back and forth in my head about how I was going to write this post. I have been over it time and time again. The day after Valentine's Day, my oldest son and his father's family lost two little boys to a fire. The boys were my son's cousins, his father's nephew's, and his father's niece's sons. His father's niece also lost her sister, which was her best friend, in that fire. The house was a total loss too. The people who made it out was the grandmother (the owner), the niece's boyfriend, the niece's nephew, and the niece's one month old son. Her 7 year old and 3 year old passed away due to smoke inhalation. It's such a tragic thing. My son's father's niece said the boys were right behind her on the way out the door but when she got out they had turned around and went back to their room and they were found under their bed. So please everyone, talk to your children about fire safety. I know fires are scary but they need to know an escape plan and route to help save their lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment