Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Student of the Month & School Policy Changes

Well I want to say I am so proud of my daughter for making student of the month again this month. This is her second time this year and she is so ecstatic. She was surprised that she was picked. The teacher never told her, but what upsets me is that we were never notified. Last year when my son was SOTM twice we were informed of it so we could go to the SOTM ceremony. Now this year since the Sandy Hook shootings everything has changed. We are not notified of anything that goes on. I understand they do these things for our kids protection but we should at least be able to go to these ceremonies still like we used to. We always had to sign in with security and now we can't even do that. It upsets me and there's nothing we can do about it. I have pictures from my son's ceremonies but none from my daughters and this was her first two SOTM awards ever! I am a little mad, and I am sure she was upset we weren't there for hers like we were for his. 
The school policies have changed alot. The kids informed me that their classroom doors stay locked at all times. So if they have to go to the bathroom and come back they are locked out and have to wait for the teacher to let them in. I know its for their safety but if anything happens and they are not in the classroom, they are locked out with the danger. Does anyone else feel this is not right? We didn't even get a letter home letting us know they were even doing anything like that. I did however get a letter home about not being able to go anywhere past the new security desk. We have to wait there for our children to be brought down. That's fine with me.
I don't know. Maybe I see things differently. If anyone has any comments about this please feel free to speak your mind. 

Thanks

xoxShannonxox

No comments:

Post a Comment