Search This Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

I will be the first to tell you, I hate snow. I hate the coldness, I hate the wetness, the fact it's so slippery, & all the car accidents because of it.

With that said, my kids had an emergency early release today due to snow. Thank god that the school has this system where it calls all the parents about the same time with a recording to let us know of such an emergency. Also teachers will call us to let us know they are releasing early. 

With all the snow, rain, sleet, freezing rain, and then some more snow and rain, our roads are horrible here. I have seen 4 accidents so far today and it's not a good thing. I live in Upstate NY and we always get bad snow. If you haven't driven in the snow by now, people should not pick days like today to go out driving in it for the first time. I mean half these people have lived in Upstate NY almost all their lives or for a few winters now, to know enough to be cautious and know how to drive in it or stay off the road. Yet people still think that they can go 60 mph in this crap and nothing happen. I mean if you're not thinking about yourself when you choose to drive crazy at least take into consideration all the other people on the road who are being cautious enough. Please and Thank You.

Days like today make me want to snuggle up with some hot chocolate, a movie, warm blankets and my kids. 

People it's snowing outside. Please stay safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment