Search This Blog

Monday, August 6, 2012

Children and disobeying

This post is about my daughter (well step-daughter, but I see her as my daughter). She is 12 years old, very social, a great girl, but she has a problem. I don't know if maybe it's because she is just trying to rebel because she's a pre teen or because her mom left her a long time ago and she hasn't seen her for many years and she feels abandoned and unwanted and unloved, or it could be anything. She has adhd and she always seems to be in her own world. When you tell her something she barely pays attention or she just doesn't seem to want to follow the rules. She acts out in school, so she had to be put in a smaller classroom and special ed. She likes to take things without asking and then make up excuses, lies, or just plays like she has no idea what we are talking about. Last week she took a 50$, brand new necklace to school without asking. All she has to do is ask to borrow something and she's knows I would let her. But she decided to go behind my back, and go in my room and steal it. Now someone stole it out of her desk apprently. We don't know what to believe because she is always making up lies. We tried scaring her and telling her that the police were called and will be at the school tomorrow and her and whoever stole it from her will be in a lot of trouble. She just doesn't seem to care. I just don't know what to do anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions. I try and try, but nothing works. I just don't want to see her end up in jail if this continues. I just would like for her to be ok.

xoxShannonxox

No comments:

Post a Comment