Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

Nanny's Knee Surgery

So awhile ago my grandma was told that she was going to need both knees replaced. She has put this off for some time now. I think it was the fact that she was scared mixed with the fact that she would be out of work for a few months. She loves work and hasn't missed a day since she started.
Well anyways at 5:30 this morning she had to be at the hospital to get ready and prepped for surgery. She was only having one knee done at a time. By 7:30/8am she was in surgery. About two hours or so later she was out of surgery and in recovery. I haven't spoken to her yet or been able to go to see her. She was doing good my mom said but she is in a lot of pain. Everytime they give her pain meds she goes right back to sleep. So at least she is comfortable for awhile. 
Well she will be in the hospital for the next few days, and then headed across the street to the Nursing Home affiliated with the hospital. What's also a plus is that my aunt works there so she can see her during the day. She'll have to be in rehab for the next couple weeks til she can come home. 
I am just hoping for a speedy recovery and hoping she will feel much better now that she had at least one knee done. Her knees have been bothering her for years now and she kept putting it off. Hopefully if any of you need the same thing done you won't put it off. It just makes it worse. 
I will try and keep this updated on my grandma.


Have a great night everyone.


xoxShannonxox

No comments:

Post a Comment